Individual Consultation & Mentoring
I offer consultation and mentoring for licensed psychotherapists in both individual and group formats. I take a developmental approach to mentoring that includes focus upon integration of personal and professional identity. I can help you achieve the following goals:
- Integration of your personal style, personal value system, and professional identity
- Identification of your strengths and weaknesses as a psychotherapist
- Development of a plan to enhance your strengths, improve upon your areas of weakness, and accept your limitations
- Development of a vision for your private practice
- Development of marketing strategies and building your private practice
I can also help you as a consultant toward achievement of the following goals:
- Cultivation of a reflective state of mind toward broadening your ability to listen to clinical material including attunement to unconscious and implicit forms of communication
- Broaden your ability to listen to clinical material including attunement to unconscious and implicit forms of communication
- Learn ways to help your patients expand self-awareness and break down barriers to thinking and feeling more freely and effectively
- Learn how to engage your patient in utilizing the psychotherapy relationship as a source of change
- Learn how to effectively address difficult challenges including patient anger, sexual feelings, treatment resistance, and more
- Build your multicultural competence and learn to work effectively with cultural differences
Consultation/mentoring can be open ended and ongoing or time limited. We will work together to define your goals and determine frequency of meeting and duration that best suits your interests and circumstances. My fee is $125 for a fifty minute session.
Click here for my publications and unpublished articles related to psychotherapy and professional development.